MMS Relief & Annual Fund
The MMS Relief & Annual Fund supports the school’s annual operating budget. These 100% tax-deductible contributions support all aspects of the school’s operations, including the highest level of AMI Montessori education for students in every classroom, our beautiful indoor and outdoor learning environments, and our tuition assistance program.
In addition, The MMS Relief & Annual Fund supports a short term tuition relief program, increased financial aid, complimentary summer camp, retrofitted classrooms for small cohort learning, new outdoor learning spaces, upgraded technology for distance learning, and essential equipment and cleaning services for our campus and crew’s safety and health. These costs were unpredicted and are in addition to our regular fundraising goal that supports all aspects of our Marin Montessori School campus and community.
As is the case at independent schools everywhere, tuition covers most of our operating expenses, but not all of them. While MMS could raise tuition to cover operational costs, budgeting for a fundraising gap enables the school to keep tuition more affordable in order to include a wider range of students and families.
How much should I/we give?
Annual Fund gifts range from $25 to $25,000. We ask everyone in our community to participate as generously as possible by making a gift that is meaningful to them. All levels of support are spent wisely and greatly appreciated. The Annual Fund is our most critical fundraising program as each dollar raised is used for a planned expense during the current school year.
2020-21 Annual Fund Facts
- Annual Fund Parent Participation Goal is 100%.
- Gap between tuition and real cost of educating each student, $3,000.
- Pledge deadline: We appreciate receiving pledges no later March 1, 2021.
- Payment deadline: Please make your pledge payment(s) as soon as possible, and no later than May 15, 2021.
|Annual Fund Giving Categories|
|$25,000 and above||Visionaries|
|$15,000 - $24,999||Innovators|
|$10,000 - $14,999||Explorers|
|$5,000 - $9,999||Scholars|
|$2,500 - $4,999||Builders|
|$1,000 - $2,499||Mentors|
|up to - $999||Friends|
How to Give
Marin Montessori School is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (#94-1567656) and gifts are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. You can make your gift(s)/pledge(s):
- By mail: Development Office, Marin Montessori School, 5200 Paradise Drive, Corte Madera, CA 94925
- By phone or email: Please contact the development office at 415-924-5388 x 331 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make your gift or pledge. Your pledge payments can be completed by check or via your MMS account as a one-time payment or installment plan.
- Securities: Gifts of appreciated securities are gladly accepted. Please contact the development office for information.
- Matching gifts: Many employers have matching gift programs that allow employee’s gifts to be matched, often 1:1. Please ask your employer(s) about their program guidelines and inform the school that your gift will be matched at the time of your donation.
- Bequests: For more information about including Marin Montessori in your estate plans, please contact the development office.
Your generous gifts to Marin Montessori enhance experiences for all our students. We can’t do what we do without you!